So, do you want to be a designer?
On this page we're going to help guide you through the design process a bit, offer tips, inspiration, and just give you some things to think about. So check back for the latest...
A few do's and don't's... on your road to becoming a designer:
1. DO look for inspiration everywhere and anywhere.
2. DO trust your instincts and don't be afraid to try new things.
3. DO something original. Inspiration is good, copying not so much.
4. DON'T go opinion shopping. Trust yourself. Get feedback when the time is right. But explore your ideas first, develop a lot of material and then seek guideance from trusted sources.
5. DON'T give up. If you love what you do, you're going to succeed. Sometimes it takes a little longer, sometimes not, but if you're enjoying what you're doing, you can't lose.
Some things to think about when designing for this contest:
You can create any design you'd like. Here is a list of themes and trends:
1. peace signs
2. vintage & retro
3. native american
4. animal graphic and prints
6. boys/girly girl
7. rock and roll
These are suggestions only and we encourage you to design around whatever inspires you. But to get some ideas or for more information about a theme, just click on one of the category pictures below! We'll be adding to this so check back here to find some more tidbits.